We have surveyed private equity firms and investors to understand the challenges, level of optimism and response strategies as a result of the Covid-19 crisis.
The survey results confirm that these are challenging times for those in the world of private equity. Deal flow has been reduced, lockdown and confinement restrictions make it challenging to complete deals when we cannot meet physically and there are increased demands in terms of managing portfolio companies. However, despite these potentially significant challenges, we sense a level of optimism and resilience from the private equity community and our personal experience tells us that quality transactions will still be delivered.
- 74% of respondents told us that they are 'open for business' and looking at new opportunities in the immediate term.
- Larger funds were generally more optimistic.
- 79% of respondents said that exit timing for their portfolio companies will be delayed.
- Despite the financial impact of the pandemic, 44% of funds are yet to see an increase in distressed opportunities.
- 82% of respondents believe there will be a U-shaped recovery.
Please use the form to download the full report.
If we can help in any way during this crisis, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details.